What is Project Athlete?
Our mission is to provide the best sports performance training in DC that enables athletes to maximize their athletic potential. We offer small group, seasonal training programs throughout the year.
What is sports performance?
Our goal is to help athletes improve their athletic attributes to make them more prepared for their sport while also reducing the potential for injury. These attributes include but are not limited to flexibility/mobility, energy system development, strength, explosive power, speed, agility, quickness, injury reduction, and nutrition education. By training hard and having fun in developing these attributes athletes will have more confidence, mental strength, and improved performance.
What are small groups?
Our small groups consist of 2-6 athletes. The small group setting allows for personalized attention so we can meet the needs of each athlete.
What does seasonal mean?
Seasonal means that we offer our programs in the fall, winter, spring, and summer. Our programs last anywhere from 8-10 weeks in length. Our first program starts September 11th and ends November 19th.
What programs do you offer?
In each of our programs, we will work on all of the components needed to become a better athlete based on the age and skill level of the group.
- Project Athlete 101: 5th Grade
- Project Athlete 201: 6-8th Grade
- Project Athlete 301: 9-12th Grade
- Project Athlete 401: College Freshman-Seniors
Our programs for 5th-8th graders will focus on creating a solid foundation of movement skills, fitness, and athletic positioning to prevent injuries as they get older. This is the best time to teach the necessary skills to run fast, jump high and control their bodies before they hit a growth spurt.
Our older programs for high school and college-age athletes are in-depth all-inclusive programs to teach and train all of the components of athletic development.
When do the classes meet?
The times of each class depend on which project athlete group you are in.
- PA 101: This group only meets once a week every Friday afternoon from 4:30-5:30pm.
- PA 201 and 301: These two groups have 5 potential days you can workout with us. You have the option to participate in 1 to 3 workouts a week and the freedom to choose which days of the week you would like to participate. For the specific times please visit our services page or feel free to contact us for more info.
- PA 401: This groups will only meet during the summer season. For more information please contact us.
How much do your services cost?
The prices for our small group training Project Athlete classes are as follows:
1x a week: $55/session
2x a week: $50/session
3x a week: $45/session
For the prices of our personal training, team training and baseball skills coaching please contact us directly.
What does it mean to be a Project Athlete?
A Project Athlete is an athlete that gives their best effort in the gym, on the field, and in the classroom. A Project Athlete does not make excuses. A Project Athlete is respectful to coaches, teammates, and family.